Saturday, January 23, 2010
SUPAF
Here's my dumb thing for the year. I put the whole festival online this year so individuals could print out their own forms and mail them to me instead of me having to do so much busy work in putting packets together and making sure everyone got forms (next year we will be making online submission available- YEAH!). Well, I saved a bunch of time by creating this process, but I left off a vital part of the registration. The string and piano students have to tell me what level they are before I can schedule them- this way they are judged fairly with their own age and skill group. Well, I left that off the registration and ended up having to call all of the private teachers (which total....I don't even know...lets just say a LOT) and get the info from them. It was really a blast telling everyone how stupid I was. Hey, but on the bright side, I met a lot of great people. I am glad that if I have a job as big as this one that it is supported by really good people. Anyway, I'm almost done scheduling (I will finish today) and I have met with the graphic designers in re-creating our 20 page program. Next steps are to make the final contact with the adjudicators, create the participation certificates, touch base with all of my venues and volunteers, and figure out babysitting for my own kids. Almost there......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment