Monday, November 22, 2010
Surgery
I am now Bionic Woman....or something along those lines. Last Thursday I had a Vagus Nerve Stimulator implanted in my body. The actual computer/battery part went below my left collar bone and a wire was threaded under my skin up to my neck where it was connected to my Vagus Nerve (which runs to the brain). Fun times. It hurts. I didn't think it would be so bad, but it is. I guess I can't complain too much since I did agree to have this done. I thought I would be back to work today, but decided to stay home (vs go to school without pain meds and yell at all of my students). The hardest part is not being able to pick up Brayden. He is sure playing this up too. He knows I can't be hard on him and he is being a PILL to say the least. Terrible two's hit hard this week. Glad he saved it for now- what a sweetheart. Anyway, back to the whole brain thing. My neuro will turn it on after Thanksgiving and we'll see how it works. I am excited for that part. Right now I just want to pull the whole thing out of my neck, but a little pain now is worth the possibility of awesomeness later. Wanna know how much this cost? Yeah you do! 30 Grand baby! The things I do to live a normal life. Glad we have decent insurance. But really, 30 grand for a little round disk and a wire? It's not like I could have used that money on say a new VAN or FOOD or something. Whatever. Seriously, what other word is there. I've been told my voice will go out and that I could feel some tingling when it goes off. My nerves are already irritated and my voice has been affected, so I'm guessing I will have those reactions. Before I end this I do have to thank everyone who has helped with my kids and feeding my family- especially Mike's mom (Terri), my sisters and bro in law (Mandi, Beth, and Chad) and Mikes sister and bro in law (Krista and John). Our ward has been awesome as well- feeding us and worrying endlessly and my carpool has been great picking up and dropping off the kids. I can't finish without mentioning my fabulous sub at school (Teri Angell) who has been working with my students in my absence. A lot of people are helping pick up the slack in my life and I appreciate it SO very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go girl!! Now I am really impressed! You are a working mom and a robot now too!! Whhoo hoo!! No, really that is great. Anything that keeps that head workin. 30 grand too... ouch! Who needs food... or Christmas presents right?? Hope you are doing good, miss ya girl!
Post a Comment